Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back to the drawing board

The past 6 months have been a very busy time. I was reminded of this the other night when I went to use my drafting table. It still had the drawing for the coffee table taped on, and the adhesive from the tape had been smeared in the summer heat. It took a while to get the tape off, and get the adhesive cleaned off, but finally I was ready to move on.

I've gotten started on the drawing for chair prototype number 3. Previous drawings were made on pieces of plywood, because it made a few things easier at the time. But now that I have a better handle on what's going on, (I think?) I think that a paper drawing will serve me better to help work out a few of the finer details I was having a hard time with while I improvised and free-handed my way through the first two. They're both functional chairs, and I think I like them for what they are, but neither is as comfortable as I would have liked, so the new design will be a little more flexible in terms of how the back is to be installed. I have a few other ideas in mind, too, that will let me play with the chair form a little more, but we'll see how those come together, or not.


No comments: