Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bit by incremental bit.

This week the shop has been quiet, as I've taken time to attend to other issues, like getting ready to take new pictures of the work I've done, recovering from vacation, and re-working some of my organizational techniques. Not a very exciting week in the shop I'm afraid. The only wood related project that came to completion involved putting a new handle on a chisel. It made me happy, but it's not exactly earth shaking in its implications.

On the other hand, I did receive a deposit on the commission for the woman who received the letter outlined in an earlier entry. Two tables, due in about 3 weeks.

Lastly, I finally found time to attend to some of the mess in my basement, which is going to be the backdrop for all of the work I'll be doing for a book I'd like two write. The downside... I'm probably moving out in a few months, so I'll have to get a new basement cleared and set up for work. But still, Im not going to complain. Progress is progress, no matter how small.

3/30/8 JW

No comments: